If you’re thinking of selling your Austin-area home now or next year, there are several steps involved in preparing it for market. Today, we’re going to talk about home staging. This crucial step impacts your home’s sale more than most realize.
What is Staging?
From first impressions to furniture arrangement, home staging provides potential buyers with an inviting visual representation of your home. Staging is a deliberate design technique, and it incorporates design and decorating rules of thumb to make your home appealing to a wide audience. Often, it simplifies the look and feel of your home to make it “pop.”
Staging is essential to sell your home fast and for the most money possible. Let’s take a look at the numbers:
– Staged homes sell 88% faster and for 20% more (REALTOR.com).
– 97% of buyer agents said staging affects the buyer’s view of the home (National Association of REALTORS®).
– Homes staged before going on the market sell for 90% more (Real Estate Staging Association®).
– 58% of listing agents said staging increases the dollar value of a home (National Association of REALTORS®).
– Nearly 1/3 (28%) of buyers are more willing to overlook “property faults” when the house is staged.
– Only 10% of the population can imagine a home’s potential.
Pretty amazing, isn’t it? In today’s market, making a great first impression is crucial. The majority of buyers begin their Austin-area home search online, and a property’s staging (or lack thereof) will either increase the buyer’s interest or eliminate the home from their list. The photos are virtual windows to your home. Strategically, staging helps shorten your time on market and may also increase the likelihood of higher offers.
In our next blog, we’ll take a look at how to find a home stager, and we’ll also share how to stage your home yourself on a budget.
If you have questions, please know that we’re always here for you.